1 The following statement is False, having no scientific evidence to support it:
- Switching to a ketogenic diet can cause a condition known as "keto crotch"
"Keto crotch" is fake news, based on a handful of anecdotes from old reddit discussion boards. There is no medical evidence to suggest nutritional ketosis can cause offensive vaginal odors. Learn more.
- Nutritional ketosis mimics the life span-extending properties of fasting
- A ketogenic diet improves glucose metabolism, lowering your risk for Type 2 diabetes
- A ketogenic diet can help lower inflammation in your body
2 Estimates suggest how great a percentage of all processed foods contain genetically engineered ingredients?
- 10 to 20 percent
- 70 to 80 percent
According to the Grocery Manufacturer's Association, 70 to 80 percent of processed foods sold in the U.S. contain genetically engineered ingredients, such as GMO corn, soy, canola, high fructose corn syrup and cotton seed/vegetable oil. Learn more.
- 40 to 50 percent
- 90 to 100 percent
3 The following is the only way to gain lifelong immunity against measles infection:
- Being vaccinated with a single dose of measles vaccine
- Receiving two or three doses of measles vaccine
- Recovery from measles infection
Recovery from measles infection confers lifelong naturally acquired immunity. There is evidence that whatever immunity the measles vaccine provides can wane over time and wear off completely within a decade or two. Learn more.
- 100 percent of a population being vaccinated against measles with one or more doses of measles vaccine
4 The following is not a sign or symptom of a stroke, requiring immediate medical attention:
- Face drooping
- Arm weakness
- Speech impairment
- Chest pain
A helpful acronym of the most common symptoms of a stroke is FAST: F — Face drooping, A — Arm weakness, S — Speech impairment and T — Time to call 911! Strokes are sometimes referred to as "brain attacks" (instead of "heart attacks") because they occur when a blood clot blocks an artery or blood vessel, cutting off blood flow to your brain opposed to your heart. Learn more.
Have a solid breakfast with plenty of protein and fat. Eat meals and snacks at regular times every day.
5 Which of the following is not a sustainable form of agriculture?
- Monocrop farming
To be sustainable, a farming system needs to harness mutually beneficial relationships to create a synergistic, self-supporting ecosystem. Regenerative organic farming, permaculture systems and biodynamic farming systems all accomplish this to varying degrees. Monocrop agriculture is not sustainable in the long term, as it destroys soil and reduces biodiversity. Learn more.
- Biodynamic farming
- Regenerative organic farming
6 The following strategy has been shown to effectively reverse desertification and restore fertility to unproductive land:
- Drip irrigating the land with desalinated water
- Increasing the number of grazing livestock on the land
Increasing the number of grazing livestock and implementing a holistic herd and land management system has been shown to reverse desertification and restore fertility to unproductive land. Learn more.
- Burning the vegetation to boost carbon content in the soil
- Growing drought tolerant genetically engineered crops
Despite all of our efforts in terms of public education and mobilization, corrupt government officials, regulatory agencies and international trade bureaucrats have allowed Monsanto/Bayer, Syngenta/ChemChina, Dow/Dupont and a cabal of multinational agribusiness, chemical, seed and GMO corporations, aided and abetted by Madison Avenue, Wall Street and the mass media, to hijack our food and farming system and slowly but surely undermine our health, degrade the soil, pollute the environment and destabilize the climate.
7 The following is key to sequestering excess carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and storing it in our soils:
- Eliminating more cattle and other livestock
- Planting more trees and bushes along busy travel lanes
- Adding more grazing animals
Properly grazing animals (as opposed to animals imprisoned in factory farms) are the key to sequestering excess carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and storing this carbon in the world's 4 billion acres of rangelands and pasturelands. Learn more.
- Eliminating air travel